Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I am Innocent! (Three letters of proof)


Dear  Judge ____, 
   Thank you for your efforts to keep our world fair and just. I know that you do all you can to fulfill your duties; that is why you made the judgment call you did in my case. I would appreciate it though, if you would listen to a few reasons why I believe that the punishment affixed may be more severe than what was deserved. I feel as if the whole story wasn't fully explained. I was not deliberately trying to break the law. In fact, I had no idea that I was over the speed limit. I also have been doing so well ever since my first incident to stay even a little below the speed limit. That is why I was going forty-five and not fifty. You see, I am not familiar with this area that I was driving in. I had been asked to help a friend move in a neighboring city which I had never been to before. The speed limit was fifty (that's why I was going forty-five) and then the speed limit changed to thirty with little warning. It was one sign (I went back to check with my mom) and I just mist have missed it. Since it was late at night, there were no cars on the road, therefore I had nothing to compare my speed limit to. I respect your decision, but I hope you take into consideration the details listed above. I am willing to pay the ticket price but I feel that taking away my license isn't a good representation of the actions that took place.
Thank you for your consideration,
Kennedy

Dearest Mother,
   So guess what? This isn't a very good thing, but I received a ticket today for speeding AND they are saying that they are going to revoke my license. I know, it's way bad but I don't want you to worry about it too much. The measures they are taking are pretty extreme but they don't understand the full story. I have already written a letter to the judge asking for a reconsideration on the outcome. It is actually quite ridiculous! I was not intentionally speeding at all. The speed limit was fifty and within one sign it was thirty! I accidentally missed the sign, not only because it was dark but because it wasn't in my line of vision. I hadn't been to this place before so I was concentrating on the signs so I could make the right turn.  I actually was going five under and not fifteen over, in my book anyway. Maybe you could even write a letter to the judge telling him that I am a good kid ha, but for real. They probably won't take away the ticket but I NEED to drive, like how am I supposed to get to school? The money is going to be a bummer but next to taking away my license, it's not a big deal. I can cover it too. I have money in my budget for a trip so I just won't go on that and I'll cut down on food. Sorry for the inconvience. But I am not too worried, hopefully the judge will side with me and cut me a little slack. Thanks for your help mom, this is such a bummer. :/ 
Love and miss you,
Kennedy

Hey Classmates,
   I am so sorry about not being able to take you guys home the other night. I had an intense experience so hopefully you will understand. I was driving home from a neighboring city and I got a ticket but! I wasn't intentionally breaking the law at all. The speed limit was fifty and within one sign it was thirty! I accidentally missed the sign, not only because it was dark but because it wasn't in my line of vision. I hadn't been to this place before, so I was concentrating on the signs in order to make the correct turn.  I actually was going five under and not fifteen over, in my book anyway. The officer was extremely rude too. All this being said, then the officer decided my license is going to be revoked. He wasn't even willing to listen to my side of the story. I am really hoping for a reconsideration by the judge. It was all just a horrible misunderstanding, but now I don't have a license at all so I won't be able to take y'all home anymore. If you guys could support me, I would greatly appreciate it. I have already written a letter to the judge so hopefully I will actually be justly dealt with this time! 
Sorry again but thanks for understanding,
Kennedy

1 comment:

  1. Nice reasoning. But the reason I think the judge wouldn't grant a pardon is just because this is your 4th (not first) ticket. So be sure to address that. But great job saying you're willing to pay the price of the ticket as long as you can have your license.

    ReplyDelete