Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Lois Lane and Clark Kent: Jane Austen Style

My Dearest Clark Kent,
How do you feel this splendid afternoon? I am pleased to inform you that my days have been golden. Forsake this day, for I do miss your presence more than my heart can bear.  As I sat and pondered on our wonder days, I ached for the adventures we once took part in together. There was but a glimpse of hope when the red blanket flowing on the line caught my attention. My mind tricked me for but a moment and I thought it was the cape of my love. The disappointment that followed was quite overwhelming. I do remember our last Valentine's Day was quite agreeable. We were out to capture and take down Bizarro, the villain, and after this successful endeavor we ate our supper at a quaint, elegant restaurant. I remember the feeling about the room was one illuminated with romance and excitement. O how I wish to be reliving this once again but I know that the present situation has called for your assistance with business matters. I dare say it is quite a loss to not have you by my side but just knowing you are safe is very satisfying compared to the former. I do wish you a Happy Valentine's Day in your far off land. I pray for an honorable return from your journey and do expect to see you at the ball next month. Until then, I bid you a farewell and send my love through this letter.
Your Lady,
Lois Lane

4 comments:

  1. Delightful! There's nothing like a little Jane Austen style to put me in a good mood.

    Also, I would die to see Clark Kent at a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Jane Austin, uh, Kennedy. Gotta love Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capital, capital! I do believe that everything should be written in Jane Austen style. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I started reading it in an English accent without even thinking about it:)

    ReplyDelete